Monday, June 11, 2007

Gary Lowrey (bear)and his new life

Those who seem to be in charge tell us that we will change jobs and life styles more than once in a life time and from my perspective they were right. I have made several evolutions from one career to the next; and in some cases I thought this is the end in more ways than one.


I have always been interested in art but never really had time to do more than dabble in it. Then I got hurt at work and life forced me to reevaluate . I had been in law enforcement for 11 years and the oil industry for the prior 10 so 21 yeas were swept away in seconds. I began to feel sorry for my self and during this time my oldest son asked me to play a video game. The game was called Half Life and it contained in it three stories inter woven about scientists and alien technology. I played all three games and fell in love with that world.

Cerro Coso and Jim Kiggens

I was offered retraining by my former employer and could only qualify for the web design certificate from Cerro Coso. My oldest suggested that we take a few classes in game design so I did and I found that I liked it. I went on the receive my certificate in Web design and am currently working on two degrees one in Serious Game design and the other in Web design.

No comments: